Here at the Red Barn, we operate strictly on a walk-in basis for everything non-surgical.
- We take walk-ins in the morning from 8:30am-10:00am and in the afternoon from 1:00pm-3:00pm Monday-Friday. Our hours are subject to change based on the case load, so we recommend getting here closer to 8:30am or 1:00pm if possible. We are open on Saturdays from 8:30am-12:00 noon, but it is by far our busiest day, and we can typically only check in those who are in line by the time we open.
- When you arrive, please check in with the front desk to be placed in line to be seen. Frequently a line will form at the front door of the clinic before we open at 8:30am and before we reopen at 1:00pm, we check people in on a first come, first serve basis going off of that line, regardless of who was in our parking lot first. If your pet is reactive or having symptoms that may be a result of something contagious (coughing, vomiting, diarrhea etc.) please leave them in the car while you check in.
- After check-in a staff member will give you an estimated wait time and instruct you to wait either in the lobby or in your vehicle depending on the wait time, your pet's symptoms and your pet's behavior. From there we will get you in a room with a doctor as soon as possible.
- While in clinic you will be quoted for all diagnostic procedures and treatment plans the doctor deems appropriate.
- At the end of your visit a staff member will get you checked out right in the exam room. Please note all payment is due at the time of service and we are unable to offer payment plans or extend personal credit.
- Please note we are not an emergency clinic, if your pet is unstable, please proceed directly to your nearest emergency clinic, the closest one to our clinic is the Animal Emergency and Specialty Hospital-Byron Center.
- Please give us a call at 616-455-4850 if you have any further questions about visiting our clinic, if you are unable to get through to a staff member feel free to leave us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.